Tofurky Feast Cooking Instructions
Thank you for buying a Tofurky Feast. Your Feast includes a Tofurky Roast, Savory Giblet Gravy and Tofurky Wishsix. Cooking instructions for each item are provided here. You can chose preparation instructions for each item above, in the drop down menu.
Ideally you should thaw your Tofurky Roast before cooking, but instructions below include details on additional cooking time if Roast is frozen.
A Tofurky Roast can be kept in refrigerator unopened for up to 30 days.
We do not recommend microwaving the Tofurky Roast.
To serve: slice your Tofurky Roast into THIN slices -- slice it thin, you're sure to win!
- Thaw frozen Roast & Gravy in refrigerator for at least 24 hours prior to cooking.
- If you are cooking a frozen Roast, run under warm water for 1 minute before removing casing. DO NOT thaw Roast in microwave.
- Carefully remove plastic casing using sharp scissors or sharp knife. Remember to cut away from your fingers. Remove roast from plastic casing.
- Place roast either in tightly covered casserole dish or aluminum foil with veggies (optional but a very nice touch). We suggest: 2 potatoes, quartered and peeled, 2 large carrots split down the middle and cut into 2” pieces, 1 onion quartered and peeled
- Pour baste over roast and vegetables.
Tofurky Baste - option 1:
3 tablespoons olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
Tofurky Baste - option 2:
1/8 cup orange juice
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sweetener of your choice.
Tofurky Baste - option 3:
1 tablespoon apricot jam or spread
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons water
- Thoroughly cover Roast and veggies with 1/2 of the baste and pour over roast and veggies.
- Cover tightly or wrap tightly in foil and cook at 350F.
Thawed Tofurky: Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes
Frozen Tofurky: Cook for 3 hours and 15 minutes
- Then open foil or casserole and pour remaining baste over roast. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Slice with serrated bread knife into thin slices. Slice it thin, you're sure to win! Cover with gravy, either Savory Giblet Gravy or other vegetarian gravy. ENJOY !
- Please click here for instructions to prepare the Savory Giblet Gravy and Tofurky Wishstix.
Did you know?
When serving your Tofurky Roast, slice it THIN -- you're sure to win! .